Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ways to Peace

When I started this blog it was because I have a lot to say that I wanted to share, and because I love to write. I also have a lot of empathy for things out of their natural balance, and wanted to do something to try to bring them back to a place of rest, a place of peace. Sometimes I will be posting beautiful photos and writing soothing words to bring calm to the unsettled spirit.

But I keep running into articles that show how the world is out of balance. Others tell of efforts made by individuals, groups, municipalities, corporations, and governments to bring balance. The articles I post are to show the struggles, to bring forth the truths, and to open the possibility that we, as individuals, can change to a more peaceful way of living by our everyday choices.

I was in the car with a friend recently who gave me a running commentary about his driving, and why he was doing what he was doing. He had, he thought, valid reasons for not using his turn signals or for getting angry when someone cut him off. All I could see was the tension he was creating and holding in his body.

And, he is a health nut, purchasing organic food and taking herbal supplements and exercising. He was negating it all by creating negative energy within himself.

"We are all in this together", I said. "Driving on the freeway is an act of sheer trust. If you enter in a fighting mood, you will get a fight. Enter instead with the notion that you will be working together with everyone on the road to ensure that you all arrive safely at your destinations. Think of everyone on the road as part of your family.

Everyone knows there are always family members who are a bit rowdy or inconsiderate or self-centered. When these folks are encountered, give them blessings for a safe journey, rather than wrath. They will help protect everyone around them, including yourself, if you bless them rather than curse them. Use your signals before all moves, so that all members of your family (of the moment) can work together to share the road space.


Everyday choices, coming from within, to walk the path of peace. There are so many ways! The articles are here to provide opportunities for understanding, leading to personal growth and change.

Inner Peace Brings World Peace

4 Comments:

Blogger Esoteric Notes said...

Thanks for the link and your recent comments. I've added you to my blogroll.

4:24 PM  
Blogger JC Shakespeare said...

Amen sister! I love your blog, and I write about many of the same issues on my blog, Peace Meme.

Here's a post about driving and trying to be peaceful:

Peace While Driving

6:45 PM  
Blogger Joo Hymn said...

hi Kristen,

I finally made time to surf by your blog again to find an email address, and was most amused to find my blog on your blog!! Thanks for linking! Am still amazed that someone from big USA would be interested in a feminist organisation in little Singapore! :)

Anyway, read your posts, and I love this one on driving!! And the Non-sequiter comic!

Cheers to more peace in the new year!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks cym, jc, and joo hym for your comments and links from your blogs. I tried the post-link that jc left, and there was a glitch, so here it is again. (With a bit of luck it will work this time.) Peace While Driving Another version of the same idea, and it really works!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Snappy's Gardens Blog
  • ***Yorkshire, UK

  • Taoist Poet