Friday, February 09, 2007

The mysteries of life



When I first saw this photo, I wondered why I had snapped the shutter at this tangle of vegetation.

Then I looked closer.



It is a Great Blue Heron, hiding along the bank of Alexander Springs Creek, Ocala National Forest, Florida.



Life is like this sometimes. At first it seems like there is no purpose, then it all becomes clear, and was right in front of you all the time.

Photos copyright 2007 Kristen S. Boyesen

Addendum: I have found a great link to views of Alexander Springs and the beach. This area in in Lake County, site of the recent tornadoes in central Florida. It was great swimming there in December, as the water is the same temperature year 'round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Snappy's Gardens Blog
  • ***Yorkshire, UK

  • Taoist Poet