Friday, March 02, 2007

An artist's view from Venezuela.

Copyright 2007 Ashley Cecil
One of the first art blogs I added to White Light of Peace was Ashley Cecil. I happened upon it by chance, and was really impressed with her ability as an artist and her passion for peace and helping people.

She recently visited Venezuela with Witness for Peace, and has come "back to Kentucky in a dumb-founded state of culture shock. ... If there is one thing I am certain of as a result of my visit, it’s to scrupulously question what you read in privately-owned, mainstream media."

She will be posting more of her experiences and her paintings journaling of the experience (many will be for sale) at her website.

I have added Witness for Peace to my blogroll for easy access in the future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great painting. I love paintings of "daily life"
-P

12:27 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

And Ashley is very good at it. I love visiting her website.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Snappy's Gardens Blog
  • ***Yorkshire, UK

  • Taoist Poet