Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cleaning Services, Cleveland area

I have been meeting a lot of people lately through networking meetings for Art Experiences.

One of the most interesting is Rhonda. I met her at a COSE networking event. Her business is No Time Cleaning Services, serving Northfield Center, Sagamore Hills, Hudson, Aurora, Macedonia, Bedford Heights, Solon, Twinsburg, Hinckley, Medina, Broadview Heights and more.

"I go where there is dirt," she says. She services both residential and commercial customers.

Here is her story.

When asked for her favorite childhood memory, or happening that helped direct where is now in life, she replied,

"I always was fond of organizing things in my room and maintaining items neat in my dresser".

As for her age, "I will tell you this when I get to know you better!" She loves rhythm and blues, the color purple, roast beef, and her favorite vacation is anywhere in Europe. If she had it to do all over again, she would have chosen a profession in medicine.

Rhonda received a B.A. in business administration from Ohio University, also completing Army ROTC and commissioned as Second Lieutenant in 1985. During her 13 years of service Rhonda was stationed at Ft Bragg, North Carolina and in Germany, Korea, Japan, and Saudi Arabia. Additionally, she commanded a Light Equipment Maintenance Company during Desert Storm/Shield in Doha, Kuwait.

Not only did Rhonda serve in a combat and hostile environment; she also performed under dangerous conditions, jumping out of "perfectly good airplanes" while in flight. "This was training," she responds. "I was assigned to an Airborne unit and that was our mission." Rhonda ended her military service with the rank of captain.

Rhonda's experiences serve her well in her home-grown cleaning business.


"You have no time to clean," she says with a wide grin, "I take care of that for you with the same detail-oriented white glove touch required by the Army. I left the military for the corporate arena, and found it was not the life I wanted. Having my own business and being responsible for satisfying my clients is rewarding and fun."

"Before I started my business I did car detailing. I would detail everyone's car in my family for free because it relaxed me. I would see how shiny I could get the car, how clean I could get the carpet, how many different fragrances of air fresheners I could mix together."

She still does car detailing when weather permits,
Rhonda keeps herself in shape with Tae Kwon Duo - a martial art that emphasizes discipline, perseverance, focus, and physical activity. She has lived in Northfield for a year and a half.

"I love it there. It is so quiet, and the people are very friendly."

She has a beagle puppy named Shannon. Her favorite time of year is spring, when she can again ride her motorcycle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I enjoyed the glimpse you gave us into this woman's life. She's doing what she loves. If I could afford it, I would have someone organize and clean my house for me. It would be a true luxury.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

She would probably faint if she saw the current condition of my house! Too many projects, too little time.

Thanks for visiting!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Snappy's Gardens Blog
  • ***Yorkshire, UK

  • Taoist Poet