Thursday, February 15, 2007

Eat Whole, Natural foods for a Trim, Healthy Body

Clean up your plate
'Eat clean' advocates say dump the junk for health food


Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Evelyn Theiss

Plain Dealer Reporter


Excerpts from the title link article are in bold italic:

... 80 percent of what you look like has to do with what you eat. (The other 20 percent is divided evenly between genetics and your workout routine.)


That's right: 80 percent of it is about the food. So if you work out like a fiend, and you don't understand why you're still overweight and flabby, it's time to look at what you're putting in your mouth -- specifically, whether you are "eating clean."

Chances are, you're not. Most Americans, in this land of processed, refined, prepared and takeout food are right there with you. They're eating food that's so processed and broken down, with so much sugar added, it can't fill them up or satisfy their nutritional needs. Yet such a diet gives them too many calories, as well as unhealthy cravings for more of the same.



There are many tips in the article for "eating clean". For more information on the books discussed as well as some favorites from my cookbook library, go to Books and Music for Peace.

A healthy diet creates peace within the body.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • Snappy's Gardens Blog
  • ***Yorkshire, UK

  • Taoist Poet