Monday, January 22, 2007

Mundane vs Exciting


It is amazing how easy it is to put off boring things that must be done in favor of exciting things that are fun. In the nick of time, I have jumped through all the hoops to get new license plate stickers. The first year I had cars registered in Ohio, I did not do it at all until I was stopped by a police officer. New York State does not require yearly stickers, so I had no idea it was needed. I was not sent a notice, either. ...Not a valid excuse. Pay the fine and learn a lesson.

The exciting things are art classes, volunteering to give Imagination Arts programs for returning veterans and their families, purchasing granite tiles for a wood stove insert installation, get-togethers with friends, and ongoing programs with COSE, Eldercare Professionals of Ohio, and Ladies Who Launch.

All photos ©2007Kristen S. Boyesen

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poor birdy looks cold! Hopefully some nuts will warm him up.

Have a great day!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks! You, too. Thanks for visiting.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

I wanted to thank you for pointing me to that web site the other day. I did peruse it and found plenty of helpful information.

And thanks for reminding me to not let anger get in the way of me having a good time. In other words, going of an attitude of I'll show him! is alot different than going to have fun out of just the pure joy of having fun.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peekaboo

2:28 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I cannot believe what a great birthday this is. I just keep getting one gift after another.

Tiffanie, your post has brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate your letting me know that the angels were sending me to you that day.

Proxima, your gift of sharing yourself is another I treasure. I can now put a face to my prayers of Light for you. Thank you for including me in your list of friends to notify.

I am blessed by all of you who share yourselves from the heart.

Peace to all.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I was just looking thru your blog. I love your pictures. The one of the morning dove at the feeder caught my eye. I have ones that build a nest in my hanging basket every year. Others use my birdbath regularly. They're so fun to watch.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Cheryl,
Thanks for stopping by! I love meeting the people who comment by visiting their blogs in return.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Snappy's Gardens Blog
  • ***Yorkshire, UK

  • Taoist Poet